- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Inside a heavy saucepan, prepare sugar and water over medium-low heat until melted and golden, about fifteen minutes. Brush lower crystals along the side of the pan with a lot more water as necessary. Rapidly pour into an ungreased 2-qt. round baking or souffle dish, tilting to coat the underside let are a symbol of ten minutes.
- Inside a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, individually, until completely combined. Add remaining ingredients mix well. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Put the dish inside a bigger baking pan. Pour boiling water into bigger pan to some depth of just one in. Bake at 350° for 50-an hour or until center is simply set (mixture will jiggle).
- Remove dish from the bigger pan to some wire rack awesome for one hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- To unmold, operate a knife around edges and invert onto a sizable rimmed serving platter. Reduce wedges or spoon onto dessert plates spoon sauce over each serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Had this in a buddies you will find just like a cheesecake mix but so scrumptious. I’ve never made flan before and can make this!
Amazing! My loved ones demands this for special celebrations. Sadly, there’s no leftovers.
To be sure with @ cast_iron_king, my loved ones is Cuban and I’ve been making Traditional Flan for that 4 decades. This really is more appropriately “Flan de Queso Crema (Cream cheese Flan),” as traditional flan doesn’t contain cheese. But simply with regard to a brand new recipe that similar I’ll try the Cheese Cake flavor. @DawnMarieB
I have chose to make this a couple of occasions now, which is wonderful! I really like flan, however this one is more preferable than most. I am unsure how you can discuss other’s reviews, but Let me react to Gary who published “Spoon sauce over each serving? No reference to sauce in recipe.” The recipe makes its very own sauce. The very first time I managed to get, I figured I’d done a problem because the carmelized sugar turns as hard as glass once you pour it within the pan. However if you simply stick to the directions which tell pour boiling water within the bigger pan once you put the dish inside it, the carmelized sugar never fails to go to sauce whenever you transform it over.
“Spoon sauce over each serving”? No reference to sauce in recipe.
Chose to make this it switched out beautiful! !! I’ll be which makes it again , without a doubt.
Pretty good whatsoever did just what the recipe stated in addition to left it uncovered arrived on the scene Beautiful
Very first time creating a flan also it would be a hit! Perfect consistency! Not very shaky or hard, not very sweet, perfect. Husband loves it’s flying from the fridge. Will certainly allow it to be again. So memorable the recipe! dublinlab
Very tasty. Simple to make also it unfolded perfectly. It had been excellent the 2nd day too. Jesse. VFE
This really is more appropriately “Flan de Queso Crema (Cream cheese Flan),” as traditional flan doesn’t contain cheese. It’s a hybrid between custard and cheesecake. Which is 100% wealthy and scrumptious! I’ve chose to make this a couple of occasions and also have discovered that individuals who don’t look after the texture of traditional flan love that one! Don’t be concerned in case your caramel layer hardens to that particular “chocolate glass.” The majority of it’ll soften again while baking, departing an excellent sauce around the finished dessert. For the best results, mix the flan ingredients before melting the sugar, so it’s prepared to pour on the top from the caramel soon after you coat the foot of your mold. An excellent dessert, certain to satisfy the pickiest of eaters!