Wondering how lengthy to boil corn around the cob? We’ve got your back with this particular classic steamed corn around the cob recipe. Serve hot with a lot of butter and salt.
After trying a lot of other ways of cooking corn around the cob, I deducted that my personal favorite strategy is steamed corn around the cob.
It’s not the simplest way to create sweet corn however i such as the flavor and texture. Maybe it’s because that’s how my mother always managed to get so it’s what’s most familiar in my experience.
I can’t even remember the number of occasions I’ve known as my mother through the years to inquire about her low lengthy to boil corn around the cob. Finally, I’ve first got it within your blog publish and so i won’t need to keep asking her!
Disclaimer: This publish contains links to products to make this recipe. If you are using individuals links, I might earn a commission. Find out more here.
How To Pick The Very Best Corn Around The Cob
Before speaking about how exactly lengthy to boil corn around the cob, I wish to talk on how to choose corn around the cob.
1. The very best corn around the cob may be the freshest corn around the cob. Attempt to obtain farm stands or maqui berry farmers markets whenever possible because it was probably selected lately.
2. Choose the corn with vibrant eco-friendly husks which are tightly wrapped round the cob.
3. Pick the ones with stems which are still moist.
4. The corn tassels ought to be smooth, sticky and moist.
5. Look for wormholes, worms, and bugs.
6. If at all possible, peel back the tops from the husks to determine the tip from the corn cob.
How You Can Boil Corn Around The Cob
The First Step:
Peel the corn around the cob and take away the silks.
Should you hate peeling corn around the cob, trying grilling it using the husks rather.
Fill a sizable stock pot or nederlander oven about 50 % full with water.
Bring water to some boil over medium heat.
Add some peeled corn around the cob.
Cover and go back to a boil.
Prepare for five-7 minutes.
Take away the corn around the cob in the warm water and put on the platter.
Peel one inch or two paper from one finish of the cold stick of butter.
Keep the paper covered finish from the stick of butter and employ it to simply butter the corn around the cob.
And don’t forget to sprinkle it with salt.
How Lengthy To Boil Corn Around The Cob
The main one factor I forget and also have to determine each corn months are how lengthy to boil corn around the cob.
The most crucial factor is you don’t overcook it because it will get mushy.
The fresher the corn around the cob, the a shorter period it requires to prepare.
When you return water to some boil, it takes approximately 5-7 minutes for that corn around the cob to obtain hot and tender.
Steamed Corn Around The Cob FAQs
1. In the event you add salt towards the water when boiling corn around the cob? No, don’t add salt towards the water. The salt can toughen the corn. In case you really wish to add something, one of my favorite friend’s dads adds sugar towards the water to sweeten the corn a little more.
2. How can you tell when steamed corn around the cob is performed? Once the corn around the cob is fully cooked the yellow colour of the corn is much more intense. The kernels are plumper and much more tender. You can look at it by pricking a kernel using the tip of the sharp knife. But many importantly, the corn must be hot. You should use tongs to seize an ear of corn from the water to see if it’s hot.
3. How do i make steamed corn around the cob for any crowd? When creating corn around the cob for big family gatherings, we bring several pot water to some boil and prepare the corn in batches. Keep your water boiling so the next batch of corn around the cob could be added immediately.
4. How do i keep corn around the cob warm after cooking? When creating multiple batches of corn around the cob, put the hot, cooked corn around the cob inside a large roasting pan and canopy with foil. Put the pan within the oven that’s been preheated to 180F.
Using Leftover Steamed Corn Around The Cob
You determined how lengthy to boil corn around the cob however made an excessive amount of? Don’t worry we’ve got a bit of recipes for your leftover sweet corn. Cut the cooked corn from the cob and employ it in one of these simple recipes:
Corn Salad: This Corn Salad recipe is really a creamy mixture of fresh sweet corn, colorful peppers, and ripe tomato plants! It’s the perfect summer time salad for potlucks, picnics, and barbecues.
Grilled Cowboy Caviar: This Grilled Cowboy Caviar recipe is really a flavorful, healthy appetizer that may also be offered like a salad side dish. Grilled veggies really are a fabulous addition!
Slow Oven Corn Chowder: Easy slow oven corn chowder with pork and taters is the best comfort food for any family dinner.
Tater Tot Chicken Pot Cake: Try making Tater Tot Chicken Pot Cake because admit it…pie crust is boring. Everyone will like this spin around the traditional chicken pot cake recipe.